Friday, March 6, 2009

Back to basics



So I'm starting to fully sink my teeth into this concept biz. I got a hold of some more Gnomon workshop vids and have been watching them intently, and then going and trying out the various techniques. Really enjoyed some of the creature ones, all done in lead and graphite, which inspired me to have a stab at pencil and graphite again myself. It's always fun to go back to the age old basics after dabbling in pen and marker for a while, something so natural and smooth about working from the heart like that. Sure felt good. I can't say I was too explorative, but I just wanted to take my time and play with some forms.

I've also been mucking around with some spacecraft thumbnails, just at any spare moment, like on the train to and from uni, or when I'm on a phone call, amazing what those little moments in the day can be used for!

No comments:

Post a Comment