Monday, March 9, 2009

Settling on a story



So today my friend at uni mentioned we should base out concept art assignment work for pre-production at uni, around the Wizard of OZ. Could I be any more please with that idea! Really opens a lot of doors design wise I feel, given the diversity of characters and the setting, going to have some crazy fun with this one. So I got all inspired today and thought I'd jot down a quick character draft for the cowardly lion (who also is prince of the jungle in OZ among other things we've supplemented). I still want to add more junk to him (and a tail) but I feel very happy with his physique as I want him to be massive and powerful, adding to the irony of his cowardice. Also one of the members of our pre-production group felt that he out to carry a staff. Not sure if it works, but it's another kool design element so I'm pleased :D

Other than that, been fooling around with space craft and vehicles still, even delving into the realm of drones. Loving this tangent.

No comments:

Post a Comment